Yldrania

Work With Us - Vinyamarket V 0.1

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys, 

On August 1st, we will be opening the first version of our alliance market. This is what it'll look like:

1. Version 0.1 contains a Merchant Ad on the Wurm Online forums made and maintained by @Yldrania
  2. All alliance members are able to supply stuff they make - anything from bulk to rares, services or whatever else your trade is.
  3. You make it, We sell it. All sales and all deliveries (unless otherwise specified) will be handled by @Yldrania with no trouble for you.
  4. After the sale, depending on whta you make, the larger part of the profit goes to you while the smaller part of the profit goes to Vinyamar upkeep funds, thus supporting our capital. How often you receive reports on sold items is discussed on an individual basis - either every time something sells, weekly or monthly.

In the future we'll be looking at our own Wurmian online store and other cool features, but version 0.1 will just be our alliance merchant ad. It'll help you guys make some money and me maintain the enormous upkeep costs for Vinyamar while I work on making our alliance capital as glorious as possible.

Currently we have:

No matter whether what you have is on the list already, contact me with what you have and I'll add you. There is no limit of what I can sell - for some reason people expect me to have everything anyway xD 

To get in on this, send me a PM here on the forums with the following contents:

• What you want to sell
  • Respective prices per item
  • Possible alliance member discounts
  • Additional Info

I will inquire about the rest of the info at a later date. 

The alliance market OPENS August 1st, meaning you WILL HAVE TO SUPPLY WHATEVER YOU WANT TO OFFER TO ME AND DELIVER IT TO VINYAMAR OR ARRANGE PICKUP BEFORE THIS DATE.

About half a month left to get in on this - I'll sell whatever you want for you haha :D 

For us "suppliers", I thought it would be great to have some way to list our wares to our sales pitcher.

I've set up a minimalist list of my stuff so far here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JxRHHjLGPhRNmdUXleMU0NyEXTZqrmN0Zk_hZZ8RBRs/edit#gid=0

I imagine that, if everyone's willing, we can get everyone involved writing permissions here so that suppliers can maintain a tab listing their stocks.

Salesmen (Currently just Yldrania) can write a desired amount to be prepared for pickup in the "Requisitioned" column and poke the supplier ingame, they put the wares out and transfer the amount to "Ready for pickup" with some hints to the container or differing location, supplier pokes back ingame. Alternatively, it is possible to subscribe to changes in certain documents in Google spreadsheets, but that would notify everyone even if their tab wasn't updated.

I've been made aware that some people want to sell anonymously, and the global writing perms are obviously suboptimal, so I thought while the store is in the making I could hack up some PhP monstrosity streamlining this use case, enabling specific E-Mail notifications about requisition requests and allowing suppliers to remain invisible to anyone but the sales(wo)men.

Thoughts on this? Is it overkill or is there actually something that should be added?

Based on @Flubb 's suggestion I'm working on a proper PRIVATE sheet for myself where Ill keep track of everything while we can use Flubb's as a public one. However, I feel like keeping this information public might not be the greatest idea due to issues with access for unrelated parties or if we have a "deserter" with access.  Thank you for the effort Flubby!

I've started picking up stuff for the market :D Looking forward to our first official alliance action that we're all involved in! : D

On 20.7.2017 at 4:09 PM, Yldrania said:

However, I feel like keeping this information public might not be the greatest idea due to issues with access for unrelated parties or if we have a "deserter" with access.

The spreadsheet link was public just to demonstrate the idea, of course any actual method of sharing these information would be strictly private. :P

In fact I've finished the platform in its core features and with that solution suppliers and their stock would only be visible to traders(Currently that'd be just Yldrania, so no deserter would see anything unless it was someone we falsely trusted as a trader). If you're interested(That means the other suppliers, too), I'll open a thread in "Tools" about it and explain how it works, although the spreadsheet pretty much gives it away already.

Edited by Flubb

Just to reserve a spot.... I can provide some LW'ing stuff once Niflheimr is setup proper. 90-95QL range including studded armour, saddles, and rare toolbelts. Also, 100QL 90W+ pelts since Aly spams them out and I'm tired of hanging onto them. :D

Also, some way to advertise 95QL imping services as well (but not yet, PLEAAAASSEEE, too much to do right now! ;)).

Hmmm.. and maybe bulk leather once we get our slaughter pen up and running again.....  9_9

Edited by Xallo