Yldrania

1st Annual SFA Deed Design Contest (2017)

23 posts in this topic

snl51wD.jpg

Welcome to our first annual DEED DESIGN CONTEST!

As a PvE alliance we always strive to reward our members for their tireless work in Wurm - for themselves and for our alliance. The largest part of PvE is building our deeds and essentially for our alliance, everyone's deeds are, after their mayors and inhabitants, the most important thing for our community - the alliance wouldn't exist without your deeds!

In order to honor that, we will be holding an annual Deed Design Contest.

HVRCxD6.png

Who Can Join, And How?

Any village within our alliance can participate. In order to do so, the mayor of each deed can sign their deed up here by replying to this thread. In case of mayor inactivity, a member with full management rights for the deed can take over.

How Does It Work?

In order to determine the winner of our contest, we won't simply be accepting screenshots and then one person will determine the winner, NO, we're much more awesome. During the contest period, I will visit each participating deed on a certain date and create a video with all its glorious features, which I will then upload on our community YouTube channel. Afterwards, each of the deeds receives a thread here on the forums where ALL MEMBERS of the alliance will be able to rate the deed. In the end, the deed with the highest scores wins. Any ties are settled by my master opinion ( ;) ).

Winning Criteria

The deeds will be judged by 5 criteria, making it possible for newer as well as better established deeds to win.

-- Deed Concept

What are the foundation ideas for your deed? What are the future plans? Deed Planner File? Anything related to your plans and concept, whether applied in-game already or still just in your thoughts.

-- Deed Design & Layout

How is your deed designed? What makes it unique? Is there a feeling of "magic" or an associated "aura" that your deed emanates? Is it themed, perhaps?

-- Features

Practicality? Animals? Furniture? Maybe there's a church or another special type of building? Maybe there's a grove or a vineyard? Maybe a herb garden or a decorative yard?

-- Challenge Level

How difficult is it / was it to build your deed? Is the terrain a challenge? Are there many mobs? Maybe there had to be surface mining even, or a canal had to be constructed?

-- Effort

How much time and effort have you already put into your deed and making it perfect?

What Are The Prizes?

There is only one single winner of the deed design contest. The winning deed will receive:

1. 10 Silvers For Your Deed's Upkeep

2. A HotA Statue

3. A Detailed Interview & Video On Our Channel About Your Deed & Its Citizens

Prizes sponsored by Yldrania

HVRCxD6.png

Dates & Deadlines

SIGNING UP -> Possible Until August 25, 2017

CONTEST PREPARATION (the period of time during which videos will be made and deeds will be rated) -> September 04 - September 30, 2017

VOTING ONLY -> September 30 - October 08, 2017

WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT -> October 09, 2017

The interview will be conducted after this and posted whenever it is done.

P.S. Alliance Capital Deeds as well as my private deeds that aren't planned & constructed by someone else are excluded from this contest.

Sounds interesting - my deed (Warland) is still relatively far from being finished, but should be ready to show without shame and maybe even finished until August. :D

Edited by Warlander

A thank you to the one person who's brave enough to list their deed. 

Come on people, join the alliance fun! :D 

1 hour ago, Yldrania said:

A thank you to the one person who's brave enough to list their deed. 

Come on people, join the alliance fun! :D 

You can count me in. :P

What are the rules on helping other deeds? For example I don't wanna enter lemon grove but can I assist other people with their deed?

8 hours ago, Burdok said:

What are the rules on helping other deeds? For example I don't wanna enter lemon grove but can I assist other people with their deed?

There are no rules on helping other deeds since we have no way of verifying who built what. 

Don't think I have a particularly aesthetically pleasing deed but for the sake of variety and fun of seeing what's going around in the alliance I'll just sign up Windspears aswell.

Kudos to those that are joining! I'm really anticipating the contest already :D Hoping there will be some more deeds joining! Don't be shy, people, you have nothing to lose!

Im moving houses from 31 july to 21 august :S Hopfully it wont get intefeared with this contest!

On 9.6.2017 at 5:43 PM, Sorion said:

Im moving houses from 31 july to 21 august :S Hopfully it wont get intefeared with this contest!

You will be back before signing up is even closed :) 

count me in, just redid the deed after 6months of dropping dirt, would be nice to have another person look at it

On 6/15/2017 at 3:20 PM, Yldrania said:

You will be back before signing up is even closed :) 

yes but that doesnt mean i have my new desk up yet... since i still need to produce a new desk from wood.. Wurm style ;p But my INREAL Carpentry/fine carp is still below 20... Im not a member yet..

Come on guys, a few more people! Even totally unfinished deeds would be great to see! 

I can join, thou my Castle isn't even planned yet at all. I'll try to do my best do plan and eventually build as much as i can. 

We've got one month left for signing up, people! Make sure you're in for these grand prizes! 

Signing up is now closed. Contest preparations are going to start. I will notify each participating mayor of the time I will visit their deeds. :)  

ohhhh this is exciting!

Can you post pics of the winners deed?

Edited by Draygon

We are postponing this event by 3 months due to me being sick, so signing up is open again! :) Sorry for the inconvenience. We will be adding extra prizes to make up for the waiting time!