Yldrania

Expansion Ideas

9 posts in this topic

When having conversations with different members of the community, different ideas and desires for future expansions of this community to other ideas have emerged and I would like to capture them in this thread. If you have a desire for something you think we should do in terms of expansion - a new project, or a new game we should expand to - post about it here, or comment on existing ideas!

List of Games We Will Eventually Expand To: 

• Wurm Online
  • Mount&Blade: Bannerlord
  • Guild Wars 2

Wurm Online

1. Xanadu Alliance & Vinyamar Alliance Capital - IN PROGRESS
  2. Epic PMK
  3. Chaos PMK

Mount&Blade: Bannerlord

1. Clan
  2. Modding Community
  3. Clan Server
  4. Training Server

Guild Wars 2

1. Guild
  2. Guild Hall
  3. PvP Arena

latest?cb=20160824151921

List of Games That Have Been Suggested For Expansion:

• World of Warcraft
  • Mount&Blade: Warband
  • Guild Wars (1)
  • Minecraft
  • EVE Online
  • War Thunder
  • Path of Exile
  • Goodgame Empire

My personal suggestions:

• EVE Online corporation (would like to come back to this one someday, but never had occasion to do so)
  • War Thunder squadron
  • Path of Exile guild

When it comes to currently planned expansion - I would surely be interested in trying out M&B: Bannerlord when it comes out, might try Guild Wars 2 someday if time will allow as well, but M&B sounds much more promising especially considering that we are playing Wurm already and it is hard if not impossible to play two MMO's at once (and not healthy for sure :) ).

From what I have experienced, focus on Wurm Online at first will be the best. From what you've told me you should probably add Wurm Unlimited to this list as well, @Yldrania, since you did want to create a server for this community eventually at some point. Most likely I can assume that that would happen after the Bannerlord expansion, maybe even after Guild Wars, but I'd definitely add it.

Bannerlord seems a great game to expand to for the community due to its ability to be modified. We can create an equal type of uniqueness as we are in Wurm Online, which seems to be a great aim of this community.

Guild Wars 2 is more of a stereotypical game, so I would not be too excited about it. A guild can only offer so much to their players, as the game restricts the ability of the guilds to implement their own features. It is the same with Guild Wars 1.

Minecraft... modding it can be fun, but I have never experienced actual enjoyment playing the game so I'm not certain about this one.

Unfortunately I have little experience with the games Warlander has suggested so I can not comment on them.

A game that one of my communities went to play was Goodgame Empire. You can run it in the background and I'm sure it would go well with a multigaming community as sort of a fun addition while playing games like Wurm or modding, so I'd definitely suggest you take a look at that to see if it might be a fit.

Can I please second WoW xD my Girlfriend only plays wow and thus I have not had a chance for any Wurm at all :'( I miss you guys so much.

Wurm Online

Expanding to other(all) servers across wurm would be a great benifit lots of people avoid xan because of the lag

if not all at least try to aim for the most important ones: Indy, Indy, Indy, Deli, Indy, Exo, Indy   :) lol (i live on indy so its the best one :P)

i also have a suggestion / request possibly a migration from ts3 to discord?   as discord is much cooler and user friendly lol