Sign in to follow this  
Yldrania

Random Facts Thread

72 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, alkhadias said:

Sure, I've wrote few papers and articles about said topic. I can send them, but it'll take a while before i translate them. Some laboratory observations are 30+ pages long, and I'm not used to write in english like my colleagues, because my listners are mostly nationals, on genetics interests group I have mostly foreigners thou, but I'm not leading them usually. :)

That's way too much trouble and time consuming for you, so never mind that. If there are any links you have I would be happy to check them out. Otherwise I'll wait till those papers get widely known :)

Warren Buffet filed his first tax return at age 13 to report income from his paper route, and claimed a $35 deduction for use of his bicycle.

There is a movie called "Rubber" and it's about a car tire that kills people.

27 minutes ago, Yldrania said:

There is a movie called "Rubber" and it's about a car tire that kills people.

Seen it! :D

1 minute ago, Yldrania said:

Was it good? xD

It's literally just a movie about car tire that kills people - amusing for few moments, but gets boring pretty fast. :D

In Russia, Jews were believed to have a secret vegetable they eat so they don't become alcoholics. Anti-semitism was justified because they refused to share their "magic vegetable."

The world record for the most naked people on a rollercoaster is 102.

On 7/16/2017 at 0:45 PM, Yldrania said:

The world record for the most naked people on a rollercoaster is 102.

102 you say? Hmmm I wonder ... *Looks at profile pic*

In the early stages of its development, Half-Life 2 featured a friendly alien that would follow Gordon Freeman around, feasting on the bodies of his fallen enemies. It was taken out when Valve discovered that the AI would be too difficult to convincingly program.

The U.S. Supreme Court unanimously decided that tomatoes were vegetables.

lol

24 minutes ago, Yldrania said:

The U.S. Supreme Court unanimously decided that tomatoes were vegetables.

lol

To be absolutely honest, both versions are correct depending on a way we look at it - scientifically speaking tomato is surely a fruit, but in cooking it's commonly used like a vegetable. :)

If we only take definition into account, then tomato is 100% fruit indeed.

Edited by Warlander

1 minute ago, Warlander said:

To be absolutely honest, both versions are correct depending on a way we look at it - scientifically speaking tomato is surely a fruit, but in cooking it's commonly used like a vegetable. :)

If we take only definition into account, then tomato is 100% fruit indeed.

A supreme court should take that into account though xD

Kansas, USA fact:  Until a couple decades ago, there was a United States Navy Base near Hutchinson, KS.  Over 650 miles from the nearest body of water capable of holding a navy vessel of significant size.

Random Science Fact: some geneticists believe that the human population is losing vitality at a rate of about 1% per generation due to 'genetic load', or accumulation of deleterious mutations.  Essentially, the next generation will be slightly weaker...

U.S. television networks allow alcohol to be advertised as long as no one in the commercial is actually drinking it.