We have resolved all errors that occurred on the site and are now able to return to full functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Yldrania

Random Facts Thread

We need some more randomness on this forum - let's start with this one. Feel free to make other threads if you have ideas for further randomness.

Since, I'm German, let's start with something appropriate AF:

Hitler’s mother considered abortion but the doctor persuaded her to keep the baby.

giphy.gif

• Like 6

As I am Pole, random Polish fact here. :D

Poland is the only country to successfully invade and conquer Russia - this happened in 1610. Władysław IV Vasa was tzar of Russia for 3 years, and later (in 1632) he became king of Poland.

Deal with it, Napoleon/Hitler. B|

• Like 2

I am South African so here goes my random fact.

South Africa is a shitty country. Period.

Alright, since we're doing country facts:

The Dutch introduced orange carrots to the world: Dutch carrot growers developed orange carrots in the 16th century through careful breeding of existing varieties. At the time, carrots were a range of colours, from pale yellow to purple.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Dalrok said:

Alright, since we're doing country facts:

The Dutch introduced orange carrots to the world: Dutch carrot growers developed orange carrots in the 16th century through careful breeding of existing varieties. At the time, carrots were a range of colours, from pale yellow to purple.

itisknown.gif

• Like 1

Bluetooth was invented by a Swede and named it after King Harald Bluetooth of Scandanavia. It even has a his initials in the logo :)

• Like 1

If you consistently fart for 6 years & 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb!

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Yldrania said:

If you consistently fart for 6 years & 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb!

Then I should be on bomb no 3 by now...

The Rancor from smash-hit movie saga Star Wars was based on a cross between a bear and a potato.

• Like 2

General Motors South Africa is the only place outside of the USA to build the Hummer H3!

Scientists calculated that for Father Christmas to deliver all gifts to people around the world, on Christmas Eve, he would have to visit 822 homes a second, traveling at 650 miles a second!

• Like 2

People can suffer from a psychological disorder called Boanthropy that makes them believe that they are a cow. They try to live their life as a cow.

• Like 3