Sign in to follow this  
Burdok

Uniques and Champs

6 posts in this topic

Hey good people,

I have noticed that there are a few Uniques on Xanadu but there is never any chat about them.

1af56dad93f1293fcb526dc7a539dfe6.png

This leads me to believe that they are more than likely penned up in a mine somewhere on someone's deed. 

We can use this spot to talk about them, plan slayings and maybe even track down these fierce beasts and either kill them as a group or capture them ourselves.

Let me know what you guys think. 

There's 8 uniques on xana now.. leads me to believe they just spawn in the worst places, 80% of xana is uninhabited anyway.

Only way to find them is to scan the island with reveal creatures, its a lot of work

We could get a hunting group together that enjoys doing this and get some alliance killings if people are interested in that

It is a problem, true. Other servers have no issues with finding uniques, that's why all most famous private slayers are pretty much killing all Uniques there within a day before others even notice that new Unique spawned. 

It's difficult to even try to compete with them. They've got expierience, army of excellent priests to look for Uniques, as well as paid informators/ friends on all servers. Thou, I'ver spoke with Odynn and Xallo many times and it's not impossible to make own group and compete with them on own rules. 

I used to be a traveller and I am still, never like to sit in deed for a longer time, that's why I know pretty much whole Xanadu, now I don't even need a map to travel anywhere. I need only someone to tell me his coords and I'm starting at once, in worst cases i have to look for a sec before travel to see exact grid's location. That's why, my favourite thing to do in Wurm is hunting down mobs, especially Uniques. And I'm really disappointed that there's no public slayings at all now, thou I understand it and accept. Doesn't mean that i don't want to slay Uniques, I even tried once to create a private group of slayers, but I can't call it a success. We've found few uniques, but pretty much after a month we realised that we can't compete with Cerber, Xallo, Odynn and others, so we've focused on Xanadu. Neverless, it was a disaster because most of my group abandoned an idea or joined already elite groups. Back then we had no as much capabilities as we have now also we have few little adventages. In fact these are disadventages which I turned into adventages. In short, we live on Xanadu where private groups from smaller servers don't wanna come, they don't know these lands as much and they don't wanna waster their time traveling there. If someone tell them about coords of Uniqe, they'll certainly come, but that's it. 

We know Xanadu, I do afterall. We have priest, we have time, we have new reveal creature runes, only thing that we don't have is hard will and plan. If I'd have resources, I'd probably make a new group of hunters with a new plan, but even my budget isn't enough if I'd have to look for uniques alone. I need people thou, similar to myself, who loves to travel without any goals, without idea or destiny, who aren't afraid of leaving deeds, deed chores, deed projects without a word for days, sometimes even week or more and finally people who might go out a deed for a week to achieve a goal, and even if they fail to do so, can still come back smiling after a great adventure. And believe me, there's not that many people like that around. Xanadu smashes all adventurers with their dreams of Unique hunts, but give me right people, and we can do that.