Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Introductions thread

9 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Warlander said:

Like in topic - thread in which we can introduce ourselves. :)

Shouldn't you have started this thread by doing so? :P 

Hello my name is Callius. (Or Lee as I am known in my non-virtual existence). I am the mayor of Aztarian, which is located at H-15 on Lake Selkie. I have been playing Wurm Online fairly solidly for around 4 years and I started out on the Release server at Wyvern Academy.

When Xanadu opened I had an Alt there on day one and deeded Aztarian on day 2 of server opening. Then when the boarders opened I brought Cal over to take over as mayor. My main hobbies in the game are building and working on the deed.

Looking forward to meeting and working with you all.

Special thanks to Yldrania and Warlander for making me welcome on the first day of joining alliance.

Take care

Cal. 

Hello all, I am Punishlife, Lord of Bulk. You may also call me Ben, seeing as Joelle posts my irl name everywhere. I am a villager of Over Here (pagani's deed) located H14. I've been making bulk for 4 years now and most of you probably know me from selling in trade or being crude/telling shit jokes/puns in global :D

i started on Exo but bounce from there to Xan every couple of years.

I'm a British lad from t'north, so you will struggle with my accent, i'm the tender young age of 24 and have ink and piercings :)

You can find me on facebook, steam etc, just search Punishlife, its practically my handle for everything... Feel free to ask me anything at any time, as i'm 99% of the time bored making something

(Pun confession, i rarely take normal pictures, so embrace my tutu face)

Hello, I am Alkhadias, Lord of Lunar Temple Complex of Moonlight's Castle, Moonlight's Haven and soon Lunar Embassy and Lunar Academy and owner of Lunar Armory shop as well as old famous Support Beams Factory. You might know me from game's chat, where some calls me Beamer (Because of 12k support beams made for people all around Wurm's world).

I've started game [09:29:00] You entered through the portal to Wurm on Luck day, week 2 of the starfall of the Saw, 1006. That's 2613 days, 10 hours and 52 minutes ago. 

And I made my first steps on Golden Valley yet, then I traveled through all servers except epic. I lived on Golden Valley, Wild/ Chaos, Indi, Deli and finally on Xanadu when i decided to stay for a longer because i fell in love with it's massive. I'm still traveling, hunting, exploring and admiring Xanadu for 3 years already, even now when i don't need any maps anylonger. I've never been so much of a settler, my favourite things in Wum is still traveling and hunting mobs, as well as uniques and helping new met people all around our land. 

Personally I'm 24 old and I live in Poland. I've studied astrophysics and cosmology, thou now I'm working on Medical University taking care of logistics of researches, experiments and discoveries, seeing and experience everything what takes science and humanity at all forward. New life, death, laboratory experiments, necropsy, undicovered events, whole circle and cases of very human life. Also trying to show and explain all physics behind medicine and medicine equipment. Personally I'm also transhumanists, trying to encourage people this way. My passions are physics, neurobiology, futurism and also slowly trying to get into molecular genetics. Next great passions are civil aviation, military and black metal music, which is also related with my collector's soul, because at this moment I have great collection of 1000+ rare, limited, first press music releases. I also like gaming and beside Wurm I play as well World of Tanks and many other games from Mount and Blade (with I'm related for many, many years, you can even find my in Warband's credits) to Infestation. I've also worked as 3D/ special effects designer.

That'll be it.

Maybe I will reveal something about myself - like @Yldrania mentioned, I'm the creator of this thread after all. :P

Hello, I'm Maciej, 22 years old male from small city near Warsaw in central Poland. I'm still studying Computer Science, but can't wait to start working in 2 years or so. My main areas of interests are obviously programming and gaming, but other than that I'm also interested in astronomy and history. I very like animals and nature in general, my favorite pets are dogs, species - German Shepherds. I'm not very keen on sports, but I really enjoy long walks and jogging from time to time.

When it comes to programming, I'm very interested in game development. Other than that I also have some knowledge about web development (especially back-end, but can do full-stack when needed as well). In my free time, I often experiment with topics like procedural generation, UI/UX design, programming languages and their compilers, low-level computer graphics (mostly OpenGL, but I also learn about Vulkan), using GPU for parallel processing. I feel most comfortable with Java as primary language for most projects and C# + Unity for game development (single player/client-side). On web development client side, I tend to alternate between JavaScript for smaller projects and Haxe for the larger ones. In Wurm world, I'm mostly known for Wurm Online/Unlimited (volunteer developer) and DeedPlanner which is mostly my personal project.

When it comes to gaming, my favorite game is obvious. Other than Wurm, I play few other MMO's on and off - mostly Path of Exile, War Thunder and EVE Online. I have very high bias towards games with complex mechanics and "high risk = high reward" as only such games can keep me for longer. From single player or non-MMO games, I'm a big fan of The Elder Scrolls and Mount & Blade series. I'm one of these weirdos who enjoy Dwarf Fortress and consider it easy to play. :D Lately, I also enjoy incremental games that can be played mostly in a background - my favorite games of this genre are XKCD Sandcastle Builder and Kittens Game.

In Wurm (as a player), I'm the alliance manager and mayor of Warland on Xanadu, S8 right now. I enjoy pretty much everything Wurm has to offer, but I'm much more of PvE player than PvP one. Looking at skills, my main focus is in nature skills, especially farming (96.53 at the moment of writing). My main character have over 220 days of playtime accumulated right now, here is the Niarja profile I update from time to time: http://niarja.com/skill_compare/Warlander

Age of my oldest surviving character: [13:46:55] You entered through the portal to Wurm on day of the Ant, week 2 of the starfall of Silence, 1006. That's 2577 days and 7 minutes ago.

I think that's the most important info, if I forgot about something important I will edit this post later. :)

Edited by Warlander

Hello! I'm Matt, otherwise known as Xallo. I'm from Houston, Texas. I study Architecture (in my last semester) and intern downtown as an Architectural Associate as well. I met my wife, Alyeska, in Wurm, about 7-8 years ago, and have been married for about 3.5 years. I enjoy traveling, and recently went on a 2-month study abroad trip with my wife and some classmates around Central Europe (including France, Germany, Denmark, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Italy, France, and the UK [Ljubljana was the best! ;)]). I have a huge interest in medieval castles and middle ages architecture, which I suppose may have been inspired by Wurm?? :D 

I've been playing Wurm for entirely too long, over 10 years at this point. I've played on JK-Home, many years ago, for a year or so, followed by about 4 years of Wild (mostly apart of Coniunctis Viribus and Kyara, both in JK). After that I, for the most part, moved to Freedom and have lived on all of the servers (except Pristine and Release). My oldest account is: [20:58:00] You entered through the portal to Wurm on day of Tears, week 3 of the starfall of Diamonds, 980. That's 3728 days, 12 hours and 21 minutes ago.

I enjoy making deeds in Wurm, and have found myself moving many times simply just to create a new mark on the map. I also enjoy grinding skills, as is evident on my Niarja!: https://niarja.com/skill_compare/Xallo :D

Outside of Wurm, I enjoy FPS/RPG games such as BF1, CS:GO, Sniper Elite, theHunter, Oblivion, M&B, etc. I also have a quite varied taste in music, ranging anywhere from classic rock to viking metal. Also, when I get the chance, I enjoy reading and doing artsy things.

Anyway, that should be it. If you have any questions, or need Wurm related help, please poke me! Otherwise, see you in Wurm! :ph34r:

I was the one to suggest the introduction thread so it seems only appropriate for me to post an introduction at some point :) 

Let's start with Wurm!

My main character Demonqueen will be villager, squire or slave with @alkhadias and his Lunar projects to which I am hoping to contribute. The character has a biography and is fully prepared for taking on a roleplaying style position, which I hope will be possible in this environment and his projects. Her main purpose will be to support Alkhadias with his ventures, and to eventually become a Paaweelr priest because I seem to have a passion for this particular player god. 

My other character Ajblack which I mostly made for the sake of having my nickname reserved, is currently mayor of a small deed in central Xanadu called Menegroth - City of a Thousand Caves. It's a side project of mine, and I'll be really taking my time to make it. The deed has a decent size, 8S upkeep every month, and is very isolated - just the way I like it. On Ajblack, I will be rather withdrawn from alliance matters as this is the character I will just be playing solo most of the time.

I'll be documenting my descent into Wurm madness for sure, and Yldrania and I are currently setting up a blog for me to do so on a PSISPHERE sub-domain. I'm still a very new player when it comes to Wurm, so my progress will be slow and I might depend on you lot for advise and support from time to time, which you can also expect in return as soon as I can offer it. 

For the alliance, I will do my best to support it, particularly with Demonqueen, while Ajblack is just going to be my own little thing. Part of it but not really involved. A little bit of an escape so to say.

Let's continue with my position in PSISPHERE!

It appears I joined just about at the right time - PSI is looking to expand into modding and development as well. As someone who professionally works in the gaming industry, I've decided to accept the invitation of becoming Development Coordinator, which essentially means that I will be making sure that new projects are begun, that projects in progress aren't abandoned and that released projects remain supported. I will also make sure to help our development oriented group grow and to establish a base team that we can work with for multiple projects on paid and unpaid basis. In Short: I'll be organizing the development department within the community, and I'm very much looking forward to that.

I very much look forward to playing and working with all of you and if you have any inquiries about anything related to development, please do not hesitate to contact me. 

I am Reaping / Evilreaper, born on chaos, and i started out as a Smith on Evilreaper and a Libila priest on Reaping.  I joined Black Legion a couple months after starting wurm due to being harrassed nonstop by the Empire of Mol Rehan lol. Eventually i started gathering fellow hots noobs and returned to my roots as a hots player because black legion was quite inactive and EXTREMELY slow on allowing new people to join the kingdom. So me and my new found hots friends started building a network of campsites and tunnels to connect them to evade our EMR oppressors lol. and eventually we decided to create a pmk so we went to freedom to recruit! starting on deliverance and eventually moving to indy where we finally settled and founded fortress of death. Eventually we expanded enough and went back to chaos and founded Carnival of Xtermination (a hots deed) and eventually formed a pmk (Dreadnaught Dynasty) which turned out major fail because we allowed anyone to enter the kingdom and we had alot of inward fighting and backstabbing lol. Then we sold the crown and deed and moved on to join Crusaders. :)

Outside of wurm, my name is William and i am an alcoholic... i work as a diesel mechanic full time, and own my own side business building ridiculous engines for street-rods and muscle-cars. I am married to my best friend and buisness partner Jennie and she not only cooks me dinner, but also changes the oil / clutches in our project cars lol (we have alot of project cars lol). I have a massive addiction to ugly sleeper race-cars... here is a sweet vid of my race-10 plowing snow in our driveway lol... Race-Truck-Snow-Plow